Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Secrets!

It's been a long time, and we have come a long way too!

A few video feedback sessions, first with Kate, then with William have helped us tremendously in understanding the world Aditya is in, which he is constantly trying to compare to ours!

More on that at some other time... right now... just wanted to add this new social skill he has added to his arsenal:-)

Just this week it was time for a snack and both Aditya and Shreya were at the table. We had made sandwiches and the twins had just finished eating, when Aditya called me and said: I want to tell you a secret.

"What?" I was excited as I took my ear close to his mouth.

"Thank you for the sandwich" said a whispering voice, from a mouth decorated with bread crumbs, on a face that was blushing and naughty at the same time!

I once watched a YouTube video of an Australian couple doing Son-Rise titled "Less Autistic Every Week". I do not know if this is the stuff they were talking about, but it just pleases us beyond words when Aditya does something new, which he seems to do at least once in a couple of weeks now!

Signing off... a very pleased Dad!

1 comment: