Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hi 5!

Looking at the blog today, I noticed that we had been taking a hiatus from blogging every now and then for the past few months. But hardly a day goes by, without us mentioning to each other "Wow! Now that's worth blogging about!"
As we grow comfortable handling new challenges, he seems to grow even more.
I had a bad cold last week and could not be in the playroom as promised. Since Aditya and me are the only ones home in the mornings, this was a challenge. I introduced a book of mazes to him. Till now, he had shown an aversion to mazes. This time around, I started off with a very simple book begining with tracing paths (for 3 - 5 year olds). As we did it for a few minutes, he got really hooked on to it. I called it a day after about 10 mazes. By the time I checked back on him in 30 minutes, he was done with about 20 more. "Mom, I like mazes!" It took him longer to write the date and his name than to solve the maze:) Another amazing thing that came out of this was that he was motivated to read the instructions on the page and actually read and comprehended what he was supposed to do. I knew for a long time that he was capable of reading but never made it my priority.
Last night after dinner, we praised both our kids for being wonderful and considerate playmates. We also let them know how proud we were to have kids who got along so well and had a good time. No sooner were the words out of our mouths, that Aditya, who was sitting close to his sister, went up to her, raised his hand and said," Yay! Hi Five!"
We were amazed... but we did believe what we had just seen!
As they say: believing in dreams is the first step to see them happen for real!

No comments:

Post a Comment