Monday, May 20, 2013

A very special breakfast

This morning,  Baba made a deal with Aditya.

"If you help me by peeling off these boiled eggs which I will then take with me to eat for breakfast, then I will return by 5:30pm and play with you."

Aditya happily fulfilled his side of the deal. Pointing to the imperfect (i.e. not round and polished) look of the peeled boiled eggs, he said, "these look funky, but is that okay?"

I said "they look amazing". 

Sister does these jobs easily and without fanfare.  But  what I clearly know is doing something right now and then waiting to get something in exchange for even minutes was a huge challenge for Aditya.

Today, when he made this deal he got nothing in return "right now".    He agreed to wait for 10 hours for the result!

Is the other party (me) committed to delivering? Totally.  I look forward to an exciting day at work followed by a scenic and slow drive (i.e. there is usually traffic congestion) followed by 30 minutes of play time with Aditya!

Currently though I am enjoying my eggs with coffee.  The eggs are extra delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment