Friday, January 17, 2014

My boy.. Oh, Boy!

Aditya is hooked on playing with and twisting words... BIG time!

Just yesterday he asked me, "Aai! What is a young sea creature called?"
Hmmm ...
"What?"
"I don't know!"
"Well, it is a ceiling! As in sea-ling! Get it?"
Got it! And he swears it is not borrowed :)
(Even if it were, I wouldn't be any less happy .. this just shows that he is comprehending all the Geronimo Stiltons he has been reading! Yay!)
Another one:
"What do people on Mars do with Oranges?"
"What?"
"Marsmalade!"
Isn't that awesome? He is becoming a natural at this!!

A couple days ago, I was in the garage when he came wincing, with his finger wrapped and crying out as if he was in pain. I dropped whatever I was doing and began rushing toward him. With a smile on his face, he said,"Just kidding, Aai! This is just a crumpled up receipt I found in the house :) Did you think I was really hurt?" Huh!
A couple hours later, I was still working in the garage when he told me that he was hungry. I asked him to give me a few minutes to find a stopping place. Soon after, he came in from the backyard and told me that he had found something "Green" to eat in! I looked up, a little annoyed, to see him holding a (almost) flat ball and pretending to eat from the Green (colored) bowl! "I am just pretending!" LOL!!!

Oh, and green reminds me of something else .. At school, he is a regular at the monthly student leadership meetings and this month, his idea for keeping the school clean and green got approved! He suggested that kids pick trash every Friday afternoon before school lets out so the campus looks good - weekend all the way into the next week!

And last but not the least .. a preview to the next post .. he has a great poster that I sneaked a peek into, for his upcoming country research project, due next Friday! I so wish he would ask us for some help, like the other kids do, so we have an idea of what goes on at school. But he told me that he is big now and does not really need my help :(  Deep breath and let go!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment