Thursday, November 20, 2014

Another dream just came true!

This is Baba... Aditya's dad.  I volunteer in his class on Friday afternoons.
 
Two Fridays ago (when I first wrote this draft it was "last Friday")...

As usual I parked the car outside the school and began walking towards his class.  It was a few minutes before the end of the lunch recess.

Suddenly, I saw something.  Right before my eyes, another dear dream of mine was coming true.

I had dreamed about this for years, but had almost forgotten it.

Yes, yes, he has fulfilled not one, not two, but several of my "Daddy" dreams.  Be it playing cricket together,  joining each other in twisting tunes (i.e. singing one song on the tune of another),  playing the guitars together, and so on.

Yet, this one dream had seemed so distant it almost felt impossible until only a few weeks ago.

What did I see?

He was playing basketball with three other boys!  On his own!  Without any coaxing or coaching.  Or shall we say... because there was no coaxing and coaching?

Is that why you were not doing it, Aditya?  That you felt as if we were trying to push you to do it?

One day,  he will read this blog post.  I will wait until that day to know the answer.  I don't want to coax him for an answer right now:)

In the meantime, Aditya is dribbling the ball.  He goes closer to the hoop.  No one stops him.  This is not a game.  Then, he takes a shot at the hoop.  The ball makes it into the hoop!

When movies are being edited,  I hear it takes them several tries to get everything just right.

But... dreams are not movies.  How did Aditya shoot the hoop right when I was seeing it?

Thank you, my friend!  You continue to give me amazing beautiful experiences that cannot be explained,  that need not be explained!

--Baba

3 comments:

  1. Cheers to abhijit Manju shreya and aditya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abhijit should dream rising growing bigger dreams. Aditya is going to fulfill them.

    ReplyDelete