Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A few interesting incidents

A. I attended a meeting at the kids' school last week. Next day, Aditya asked me how the meeting went. I told him that it went good and asked him to guess who I met.
Aditya: I don't know. You could tell.
Mom: At the meeting I sat next to Andrew's mom and Natasha's mom.
Aditya (smiling): Oh, so you met Julie and Carrie! (All names changed)
Mom: Oh, wow! I am amazed that you know Andrew and Natasha's moms and you remember their names too!
Aditya: Yes, Carrie aids at PE and Julie helps me write stories.

(At his school, everybody is addresses on a first name basis, including teachers and aiding parents)
I was blown away! A little over two years ago, after we returned from a month long vacation with my parents and brother, he was unable to recognize their pictures. I remember how scared I was in that moment. Today I rejoice as I see him take in the world and remember people for who they are.
As a side note, he enjoyed viewing pictures uploaded from his various class activities and recognized most kids.

B. This morning, after picking up Aditya from school, I was busy in my thoughts, while he was in the playroom, bouncing a ball. He walked down the stairs, talking to me, while I was busy crystalizing my thoughts about a game I wanted to play with him. Coming to me, he said, "Excuse me, Mom! Why are you in your own world?"

C. Today we also had a lengthy discussion on the purpose of making birthday cards and the importance of thoughtfully choosing things of the persons' liking on the card. He said that he really loves his teacher and wants to make a card for her birthday but does not "really know what all she likes" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment