Friday, April 27, 2012

YES power!

WANT everything, NEED nothing!
Happy is easy, unhappy is hard.
I never fail, I just gather new information.
 

Armed with these new beliefs that I acquired on a beautiful mountain on the border of Massachusetts and Connecticut,  I set out today to visit our local places of worship in the search of volunteers for our Son Rise program.  I visited three of them, and I presented a solid reason for people to do this in each and every case.

All of them gladly accepted our Son Rise program flyer.  Two of them said they would speak to their managers about me coming at a time I could personally speak to interested people.

For two and a half years, I was holding the following beliefs:
1. I am not a Christian, why would a church entertain my request?
2. In order to ask for help I need to first volunteer for the place
3. If I show up at the time of a prayer nobody will stop and listen to me

In essence, I limited what I could do.
I took care of myself by protecting myself from a likely failure.

I also prevented myself from finding amazing volunteers for our program.

This afternoon too, I felt nervous as I approached the local church.

I then accepted me for being nervous.

I then remembered all of my fellow Maximum Impact participants from last week.  I remembered Ben and Brian. I remembered Artur and Emily.  I remembered Nancy and Rachel and Emma and Brandi.  And then I remembered the whole galaxy of amazing people who I had the opportunity to meet in that magical week!  I felt a rush of positive energy as well as a sense of peace in me as I imagined everyone in my class rooting for Aditya and me and our program.  Once I had imagined everyone was supporting me, I WANTED to go and talk.  I then could not believe that only minutes ago, I was imagining things won't go well as no one is interested in this... which is just a different way of saying... everyone is against this.

Our Son Rise program is about surrounding Aditya with people who love and celebrate him and root for him no matter what.

Turns out that we grown ups could be a huge help to each other if we simply surrounded each other by saying YES to our own dreams as well to each other's dreams!

Here is the fun part.  We may or may not find such amazing YES-saying people at every corner.  We however are absolutely in control when it comes to BELIEVING we are surrounded by such folks wherever we go.  Because we could also imagine ourselves to be surrounded by people who say NO to our dreams and then we would feel shattered.  In either case, it is a case of MAKE BELIEVE!

2 comments:

  1. YES. TRUE. AND I PRACTICE IT. THE WORLD IS FULL OF GOOD PEOPLE WHO WANT TO HELP.

    ReplyDelete