Monday, April 11, 2011

My mind is not functioning well, and I want to change it

One of the things we just began doing with Aditya (thanks to Mommy's Maximum Impact training) is to have a dialog with him about how he feels and why he feels that way.

Today, we were discussing why he said "I say I don't want something when I want something but I think I won't get it" when we were at the park last week.

He replied using English: "Can I tell you why I said that? I think my mind says that to me.  I think my mind is not functioning well."

"That's okay Aditya, but we are so proud for you. You are so aware of how you feel!" I said as I was awe-struck!  We had no clue he was thinking this way.

"I really want the noise to reduce, and I want my mind to say things correctly" he continued.

With lots of pride and excitement I replied: "Yes, you are going to do it Aditya. One day you will not feel any of the noise, and when that happens your mind will also say things just as you really want them".

"Yes, I want to play with my friends everyday so that the noise goes away."

No comments:

Post a Comment