Thursday, June 8, 2017

Basketball FEVER!

Before you read on, it is a good time to revisit this post and this post.
_________________

A few conversations around our house.

1.
He says,  "I know what you are going to say to this but let me just get this out of my system.  Can you buy me some Warriors clothes?"
I am at a loss of words, but it doesn't matter... because I am in splits!
(By the way he is talking about using the money he has earned through chores, by winning a Math olympiad contest prize, etc.)

2.
Aditya: "Baba, do you want tea?"
I love tea, but I just had my tea, so I say no.
Aditya asks, "Do you want something else?"  with a MISCHIEVOUS look on his face.
I say: "No, but thanks for asking, Aditya.  Do you want something?"

He did.  He wanted to watch a basketball game recording.
(Apparently he had used up his screen time for the day, and was trying to BRIBE me.  This is huge... reminds me of our celebrations when he told his first lie:)

3.
He is telling us about his day at school.  He has been playing basketball everyday now, and regularly making significant contributions for his team, either in the form of "assists" or by scoring points (usually "layups").  He almost blushes as he shares how one of his teammates called him a "layup master" today.

4.
He is telling us about his day at school.  The ONLY thing he talks about today is how he played basketball with the other boys.

5.
He is telling us about his day at school.  He thinks he has been improving a lot AFTER the basketball games (in which he played for the B team for his school).  Today, one of the A team boys remarked, "Dude your speed of improvement is unnatural!"

6.
It is 10AM on a weekend.  We have just had breakfast. Aditya asks, "Can I go play basketball?" and expresses disappointment when we say no (it's going to be a hot day).

7.
Aditya:
"Shreya, can we go play basketball?"
Shreya:
No!  I need to do my homework.

8.  We have to repeatedly remind Aditya not to play basketball in the backyard as it destroys our newly planted vegetables!

9.
Aditya, Aai, and Baba are watching NBA finals
He and Baba are rooting for the "Golden Gate Warriors" team.  Aai decides to be playful and root for the opposite team, the Cavs.
"Warriors" clinch a dramatic win in the final moments of the game.
Aditya shows Aai a "thumbs down" and makes a face!   This is a first... for Aditya:)
He also asks Baba for a "chest bump" to celebrate the Warriors' victory!  This is a first... for Aditya and Baba:)

________________

And now... to put this in perspective... read this post from January 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment